*** Spaceman Reissue Program ***

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

thesevensteves
Known user

Re: *** Spaceman Reissue Program ***

Post by thesevensteves »

sunray wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:53 pm I also can't understand why poly-lined inners weren't used
No doubt. I'm really lost on why this isn't standard practice on a release series that has otherwise been given so much consideration. Seems like an obvious oversight...
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

I've also had the email. And I'm also astounded that retailers were given priority over orders through the official website.
Furthermore, my order also included a t-shirt and a CD.
Are these also affected by the 'warehouse error'? Cos I haven't received those yet either.

The LAGWAFIS leg of the Reissue Program has been a bit of a calamity.
Step 8
New user

Post by Step 8 »

A dilemma really,
My record store had this last week and I’d far rather give them the cash. Ordered from contraband at elevated postage costs; fished in.
Plus all the pressing cock up biz.
Will cancel, all a bit shit really innit? x
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

niamhm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:15 am
mc wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 pm alas, my enthusiasm has been tempered - the last 2-3 minutes of both side A and B sound awful, really mushy and muffled and lo-fi. Plus the last 20 seconds of "Home of the Brave" are ruined by a nasty once-per-revolution scratching sound that isn't a skip :(
Like this? https://twitter.com/billisdeadatATK/sta ... 3754716165
yup, exactly like that :(
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Seeing as the delay takes us past the scheduled release date of LICD, I'm just going to email them asking them to combine both orders and ship them together.

A bit strange that the LAGWAFIS orders they could fulfil weren't distributed in order though (I pre-ordered within 5 minutes of them becoming available, so I doubt there would have been too many in before me).
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

If you follow the thread down its just more disgruntled customers, have to say Fat Possum have kinda fucked this up which is so disappointing, my order for LICD is in, so once more into the lottery an fingers crossed this one is okay - btw saying its okay isn`t good, officially sanctioned releases at these prices should really be beyond reproach and its pretty disappointing that they`re not for an artist who pays so much attention to detail,
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

mkb wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:18 pm Seeing as the delay takes us past the scheduled release date of LICD, I'm just going to email them asking them to combine both orders and ship them together.

A bit strange that the LAGWAFIS orders they could fulfil weren't distributed in order though (I pre-ordered within 5 minutes of them becoming available, so I doubt there would have been too many in before me).
I did this yesterday and they've agreed to ship LAG and LICD together and have refunded me the (higher) postage for LAG this morning.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Venkman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:49 am
mkb wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:18 pm Seeing as the delay takes us past the scheduled release date of LICD, I'm just going to email them asking them to combine both orders and ship them together.

I did this yesterday and they've agreed to ship LAG and LICD together and have refunded me the (higher) postage for LAG this morning.
Thank you for your order. I have spoken to the team and unfortunately on this occasion we are unable to combine the two orders for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Official store getting better and better here. Not even a reason supplied, nothing.
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

For any trivia nerds on here, L&G is at no. 43 in British album charts this week, and no. 11 on the Scottish album chart, kept out of the top 10 by Low.
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

For any trivia nerds on here, L&G is at no. 43 in British album charts this week, and no. 11 on the Scottish album chart, kept out of the top 10 by Low.
Possibly down to about 200 of us buying multiple copies in the hope we find one that's not fucked?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

PopeJez wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:12 pm
Possibly down to about 200 of us buying multiple copies in the hope we find one that's not fucked?
Ha ha - if there was a 'like' button on here this would get it!!
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/collectio ... 4113898586

VMP is issuing LICD in November. Will this be identical to the Fat Possum pressing?
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

It might have a different colour vinyl, but it will be the same mastering.
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Might be a better pressing though, says Memphis Record Pressing, would the UK/EU vinyl be pressed there? I maybe wrong but I wouldn`t have thought so,
spaceman85
Known user

Post by spaceman85 »

Greeny wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:12 am For those asking/interested, this is what the original 12 Steps t-shirts look like, front and back:

Spz 1.jpg

Spz 2.jpg

I neeeeed!!! That black one! I really don’t wanna buy the
new blue one and dye it... and it’s payday here!!!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

niamhm wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 pm Might be a better pressing though, says Memphis Record Pressing, would the UK/EU vinyl be pressed there? I maybe wrong but I wouldn`t have thought so,
That's the same plant Fat Possum use and i'm sure there's been complaints from American buyers of these FP reissues.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

sunray wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:15 pm
niamhm wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 pm Might be a better pressing though, says Memphis Record Pressing, would the UK/EU vinyl be pressed there? I maybe wrong but I wouldn`t have thought so,
That's the same plant Fat Possum use and i'm sure there's been complaints from American buyers of these FP reissues.
Maybe VMP have better quality control than Fat Possum - who appear to have next to none - although if you dig in to the VMP link it actually says its on Fat Possum so who knows. Just as an aside I can apparently order it from VMP in America cheaper than I can get it from the official Spiritualized site in the UK :shock:
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

I think they are just selling the same FP release available everywhere. The L&G version they did was a VMP exclusive.

I got an update from the official SPZ store today about the shitty FP L&G - they are going to send me a (blue) replacement but the stock won't be available until October. If this is a second pressing part of me is hoping it won't have the same issues.
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

mkb wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:38 pm
Venkman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:49 am I did this yesterday and they've agreed to ship LAG and LICD together and have refunded me the (higher) postage for LAG this morning.
Thank you for your order. I have spoken to the team and unfortunately on this occasion we are unable to combine the two orders for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Official store getting better and better here. Not even a reason supplied, nothing.
Well, that's pretty shitty of them. Guess I got lucky with the person who picked up my query. (Sadly usually the most important factor in any encounter with 'customer service')
adamhx
Known user

Post by adamhx »

You can now get some of the coloured vinyl releases brand new for as little as £21.95 on Discogs (or even £18 shipping from US). Kind of makes a mockery of the fact they were sold as a 'special limited press' and for £32 from the official store, plus the high costs for P&P. Not to mention the fact that some who bought from them are still waiting on LAGWAFIS.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Yeah I'm not even gonna bother with LICD until I hear some reviews on here - if these are limited I'm J Spaceman.

EDIT: I don't care if they're limited or not, but it's frustrating when management make out you gotta rush to spend money which some people can't always afford. See also those recent colour Kraftwerk LPs - they're everywhere!
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

I saw Greg Coulson (the fellow who played keys on the last tour) post a picture on his Instagram story last night of himself, Doggen and the other guitarist from the last tour playing together with tagged the Spiritualized's Instagram tagged in the picture. Is something afoot?
fullmetalpants
New user

Post by fullmetalpants »

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

fullmetalpants wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:39 pm SHSL getting a repress

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/spiritu ... 825514-01/
That's probably the new album he's been talking about.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Unfortunately due to a manufacturing delay your order for the Let It Come Down Vinyl Box will now be expected to ship to you from week commencing 1st November.

Any other items within your order will be shipped at the same time.
I daresay some of my orders will show up eventually
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

My black LICD arrived today (Amazon). Hope it sounds ok.
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

I got the black vinyl. Sounds great and the new packaging is probably my favourite of the reissues- guess there wasn't too much to mess with given how minimal the original artwork was. But they've ballsed up with the vinyl labels which state that only Lord Can You Hear Me is on side D when in fact side D also contains Won't Get to Heaven. Hope they get that sorted if there is a re-run.

I love LICD a lot, but would have loved Going Down Slow on the album because I absolutely love that underrated gem. Dare I say it, I'd even sacrifice the last two tracks for Going Down Slow on LICD. Not that I don't like the last two, but the perverse part of me likes the album ending on the optimistic but melancholic Anything More, much the way Sail on Through or Goodnight Goodnight leaves you with a similar feeling. I appreciate that might have been anti-climatic though, and putting the euphoric take of LCYHM at the end makes sense and flows better with the album as a whole and its upbeat gospel vibe. Also, where to put Going Down Slow on the album? Hmmm. After Out of Sight maybe? And keep LCYHM and Won't Get to Heaven as part of a LICD EP with the stunning BBC session for the album? We got all the goods anyway, so just a minor hypothetical 'what if' as I know there is a lot of love for Going Down Slow on this board.

But yeah, what a beautiful album. I will not hear a word said against it. Cheers J!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

OK... so I got this as I got a voucher from my colleagues as I left my job yesterday. I got the ivory one and this is the worst yet.

I turned it off after the end of 'don't just do something'. This whole thing is a massive missed opportunity and I'm pretty furious about this one. The only one with no issues for me was LGM, which sounded superb. Pure Phase is a mess and this is just abysmal. LAFGWAFIS was perfect until the last track, but that's to really good enough is it?

I never emailed about the LAGWAFIS one because I didn't want to bother the label again after them replacing my Pure Phase. What do I do now though? Don't wanna be a downer on the whole thing but most of these should never have left the plant.
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

My black copy doesn't sound too bad! I don't have an original to compare to (just the Plain reissue which I haven't listened to in AGES) but there were no obvious clicks from a bad press. It is VERY loud...but I suspect that is how this thing was originally mastered.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I ordered the LICD reissue from Vinyl Me Please as they had a limited pressing and anything I've had through them has been excellent. I won't get it for a while though. Hopefully it'll be better than the Pure Phase pressing which were duff.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

It was only the end of Don't Just Do Something, but it's just so frustrating by now that they keep having issues (the labels are wrong as has been mentioned also). Like you said, it is VERY loud and was mastered that way, but when comparing to my original that sounds a lot better. Oh well, this is what you get for buying something you already have which sounds fine anyway eh? I've calmed down now.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Mines arrived on Friday but as I`m in the middle of being "on call" for 7 days haven`t had the chance to give it a play yet, will wait till I know I`m getting peace to listen but James`s post is rather deflating, fingers crossed.
theotherside3
New user

Post by theotherside3 »

1st listen to coloured version of licd.
skips?/bad mastering on out of sight, straight and the narrow, lord can you hear me.
and as mentioned earlier the track listing is wrong on c/d sides.
loud but original lp way better.
another one that should never have made it out of pressing plant.
disappointing once again. whole reissue progam is a let down.
and as for limited editions .....
Spacemen3-Spiritualized

Code: Select all

https://www.facebook.com/spacemen3spiritualized
Theotherside1 : Alternative - Psychedelic - Spacerock - Krautrock

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRF4PwvYLyy-7lGvNlDxJqubP2Ab_3Ms6
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Let It Come Down finally found its way to the West Midlands today.
Via Sweden and Massachusetts, judging by the post marks. Probably because I ordered it from Bandcamp, rather than the website.
Intrigued by the big "Do Not Smash" care instruction on the packaging!
And also by the Customs sticker declaring that the package contains a vinyl LP, valued at 4 dollars.

(Labelling on sides 3 & 4 are wrong on this one. It sounds ok to me, but I don't have a top-of-the-range system, so vinyl rarely sounds better than CD, unless it's Guitar Wolf or the Ramones!)

Just waiting for the box to put it in now.

And my Ladies & Gentlemen LP....
Attachments
Letitflow.jpg
Letitflow.jpg (87.35 KiB) Viewed 14957 times
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Starfish wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:34 pm
And also by the Customs sticker declaring that the package contains a vinyl LP, valued at 4 dollars…
“DO NOT SMASH” 🤣

That’s really decent of Fat Possum to do that regarding the goods cost, at least. Otherwise you’ll have probably have to pay additional import fees.

I found an email yesterday saying this set should arrive next week. Ordered via Kontraband…

Anyway, it’s mental to think it’s been 20 years since this album was released. Used to be lots of controversial posts about this record back in the old grey/light blue configuration of this forum. I can vividly recall listening to the whole damn thing properly many weeks after it had been released at a girlfriend’s house, on her reasonable stereo system, suitably enhanced; and ‘Lord can you hear me’ really, really destroyed me.

I was convinced I could hear space radio bleeps in there - but later on I realized that was just guitar feedback.

Best played really loud, on headphones it sounds amazing, but there’s so much going on at times having the air to play it through definitely assists in the whole experience.

As mentioned earlier I really wish ‘Going Down Slow’ had made the cut. It’s fucking awesome. Years back I would have switched that for ‘Out of Sight’ - a song I disliked for many years - not sure now. But it should have been on there!
O P 8
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Had a couple of listens right through now and I think it sounds good, the tunes with more space in them in particular sound really good, previous issues I think have me almost questioning my own ears tbf though, busier tracks, Don`t Just Do Something, Out Of Sight totally have my ears doing double takes looking for fault but I think its good
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I’ve bought all 4 of the reissues, mainly as a collector/obsessive fan as I have all the originals. I have quite a decent set up (Rega RP3 turntable and Rega Brio amp) and I think the reissues sound ok, maybe a bit distorted in places. Saying that, my ears aren’t what they were thanks to too many loud gigs over the years so I’m struggling to hear too much of a difference between the reissues and the originals.

I wouldn’t say I was disappointed with the reissue programme overall but I think that there was a real opportunity for it to be something really special. I know box sets are a a bit of a love/hate thing but when you look at the effort that someone like Mogwai put into their new albums and reissues you can see what can be done. Those first 4 Spiritualized albums in particular were crying out for box set special editions with b-sides, alternate takes, posters, stickers, etc. I know everything obviously comes at a cost but I really think they would have been snapped up.

PS: I missed out on the box to house the 4 reissues in. Anyone know where I can grab one?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Vinyl box delayed again.

Also still no sign of the delayed LAGWAFIS order (meant to have been delayed to end of October).
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

Dear customer,

Thank you for your order from the Spiritualized store.

Due to another delay with the manufacturers, the vinyl box orders will now be expected to dispatch from our warehouse week commencing 15th November.

Any other items within your order will be shipped at the same time.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience in this.

The Kontraband Team
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

are they getting the box manufactured at the same pressing plant as the LPs ?

I'm also still awaiting my LAGWAFIS order. On my Kontraband account page my order history has "Unfulfilled" next to everything I haven't received yet, so they are aware of it, at least.
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

Latest update from the UK SPZ store is my faulty black L&G can't be replaced as they are not getting any more so will be refunded. The faulty blue version will be replaced but there's still no stock yet.

It's all a bit weird
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

My LICD arrived from VMP but I haven't had the time to play it yet. I'm almost scared to open it which is a bit silly.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

olan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:14 pm My LICD arrived from VMP but I haven't had the time to play it yet. I'm almost scared to open it which is a bit silly.
Played it now. It is fine. Feckin' schoolboy error with the labels on sides 3 and 4 though. Who was checking these things?
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

Has anyone got a L&G that doesn't have the Cop Shoot Cop issue?
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

PopeJez wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:23 pm Has anyone got a L&G that doesn't have the Cop Shoot Cop issue?
Still waiting for mine to arrive. Hopefully I'll get it before the inevitable 30th anniversary special edition in 2027.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Had notification box despatched, let's see what happens....
'Remember, change is not good'
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

BVCP206 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:45 pm Had notification box despatched, let's see what happens....
Yep, got that email today too.
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

Anybody else received their box today without the promised hand numbering? It did come with damage to a corner though :(
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

Yep - no hand numbering and how mine didn't get damaged is pure luck! It is a nice box though.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Got the box - yep looks great - and ivory LICD this morning.
No number either. And the cardboard packaging had this huge dent cut right through the top end, again pure luck it didn’t touch the box…
O P 8
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Got my box today too.

There's a small dent on one edge, but nothing to be too concerned about. No numbering though which is a bit of a pisser, even a numbered insert would have been ok.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

I've had fuck all so far. Still waiting on LAGWAFIS too.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

I'm the same, no LICD or LAGWAFIS – I've had no update about LICD even though it seems they're going to miss the "w/c 15th November" they said it would be dispatched by.

I emailed about LAGWAFIS because they said it would be late October, and got this response:

The team have chased management again for an update . I apologise you are still yet to receive your order. Please advise if you would like to cancel this at anytime.
Nothing since (that was last week). It's not the end of the world, but I pre-ordered both within minutes of them going up on sale, I'd be very surprised if I wasn't in the first 100 orders of each. So I don't really understand why they don't seem to be getting sent out in that kind of order.
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

Yeah, I've ordered each of them the minute they went on sale. The whole thing has been a bit of a shambles.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

LICD ivory edition has arrived along with the box. Listening now; side A sounded great at first (for the weakest songs!) before degenerating into the now standard fuzzy mush as the inner groove approached. Side B is a lot noisier straight off the bat, which is even more disappointing. Yeah, 1/4 half-decent re-releases simply isn't good enough, and I can't entirely blame it on the limited colour editions as my black PP replacement is only marginally better than the shambles of a glow in the dark edition. Such a colossal waste and disappointment all round :(
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Yep, just did a test and switched instantly from new vinyl to my FLAC digital rip of the original 2001 CD whilst the "The Straight and the Narrow" was playing. The latter is so, so much clearer an better sounding it's untrue, and I've got a pretty decent vinyl setup. Sigh...
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

mc wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:44 pm LICD ivory edition has arrived along with the box. Listening now; side A sounded great at first (for the weakest songs!) before degenerating into the now standard fuzzy mush as the inner groove approached. Side B is a lot noisier straight off the bat, which is even more disappointing. Yeah, 1/4 half-decent re-releases simply isn't good enough, and I can't entirely blame it on the limited colour editions as my black PP replacement is only marginally better than the shambles of a glow in the dark edition. Such a colossal waste and disappointment all round :(
I'm intrigued to know other people's thoughts on this. Like many, I'm somewhat of a completist (funds allowing), and like many have spent a fair amount on this reissue programme. I have bought the white and black vinyls of LGM, the GITD of Pure Phase (Fat Possum were very kind enough and sent a black vinyl due to the issues). I've also bought the blue vinyl of LAGWAFIS (couldn't find a black too), and also the black and ivory vinyls of LICD. There do seem to have been pressing issues with each of these. I also thought the box was meant to be numbered. Luckily mine arrived in good condition, although the shipping was quite steep.

I'm also getting the Japanese vinyl, pink vinyl, box set, black vinyl and CD of EWB, and hoping that there will be no issues (not that there should be). Do any of the mods (I believe some are close to the label and management) have any idea what went wrong with these. I know some people on her raised it quite early with LGM, so were hoping that these would be resolved moving on....

I'm also curious what the plans are with Volume 2 of the reissue programme (the box alludes to this). Wondering what colour the vinyls will be for AG, SIA&E, SHSL (will ANH also be reissued so soon?), and whether there'll be the opportunity to include any bonus material...

I'm a sucker for the mellower side of Spz, so have really enjoyed ANH and Always Forgetting. Quite excited for EWB and what will be on it...
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Dreamweapon wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:14 pm I'm also curious what the plans are with Volume 2 of the reissue programme (the box alludes to this). Wondering what colour the vinyls will be for AG, SIA&E, SHSL (will ANH also be reissued so soon?), and whether there'll be the opportunity to include any bonus material...
If volume 2 happens, I would be surprised if it's any time soon, would expect the next album/tour cycle to get out of the way first. Would also expect it to follow the same format as the reissues so far, so I think any bonus material is unlikely.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

mkb wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:16 pm
Dreamweapon wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:14 pm I'm also curious what the plans are with Volume 2 of the reissue programme (the box alludes to this). Wondering what colour the vinyls will be for AG, SIA&E, SHSL (will ANH also be reissued so soon?), and whether there'll be the opportunity to include any bonus material...
If volume 2 happens, I would be surprised if it's any time soon, would expect the next album/tour cycle to get out of the way first. Would also expect it to follow the same format as the reissues so far, so I think any bonus material is unlikely.
I agree, I am sure there is a vague plan for the other albums to get this treatment. but nothing has been set in motion, its just something they thought might be good at some point in the future
I guess if it might be a while ANH could be 5 or so years old by that time which makes it slightly less ridiculous to reissue so soon
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

Was getting worried I had no shipping notification about my LICD order, then just got this....

Sorry to have to give you more bad news about your Spiritualized order.

Due to an error at the manufacturer, our warehouse have received a batch of incorrect boxes. The manufacturer are replacing these boxes and we should be receiving them in the next week.

Any other items within this order will be shipped at the same time.

As compensation, we would like to offer you a free Spiritualized badge set. This will be automatically added to your order. Please note this will be added manually therefore it will not show in your order confirmation.

We can imagine how frustrating this is for you and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience.

The Kontraband Team

Post by Dreamweapon »

Sim wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:57 pm Due to an error at the manufacturer, our warehouse have received a batch of incorrect boxes. The manufacturer are replacing these boxes and we should be receiving them in the next week.
Wonder if those of us that have received our boxes have correct/error free ones then.....

Going back to what I mentioned earlier, it does seem like this reissue program has had quite a few issues throughout....
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

You've got delays to orders caused by poor quality boxes, then there's the people that still haven't received LAG because the official Spiritualized store didn't receive enough to fulfill their pre-orders (despite other places still having it on sale now), and most unforgivably some absolutely horrendous Quality Control when it comes to the sound of the vinyl itself across almost every version.

It's been an exemplar case of how not to release a series of reissues, but I doubt anyone in charge will care because they've still sold out of pretty much everything.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Venkman wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:01 pm It's been an exemplar case of how not to release a series of reissues, but I doubt anyone in charge will care because they've still sold out of pretty much everything.
Oh they care! And they are all pissed off about this from Jason on down.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Dreamweapon wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:14 pm
Sim wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:57 pm Due to an error at the manufacturer, our warehouse have received a batch of incorrect boxes. The manufacturer are replacing these boxes and we should be receiving them in the next week.
Wonder if those of us that have received our boxes have correct/error free ones then.....
Good point. Will the new ones be numbered i wonder?
My two boxes arrived today (1 for coloured and 1 for black vinyl :roll: ). Both undamaged thankfully. They look a lot nicer than the pic on the site suggested.
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

Oh they care! And they are all pissed off about this from Jason on down.
That's good to hear. I went all in and got black / coloured vinyl plus the box. I really like the new artwork and these feel like a quality product. The box is lovely (if un-numbered). But the sound quality of the vinyl is so patchy. I have 3 x L&G and each is worthless. The official shop have promised a new blue version but I've not seen it. This now feels like a money grab by the record company and not the definitive versions we were promised. And paid for.

These are not cheap reissues. And if they were flawless I would be happy for getting them. But they are far from flawless when it comes to the sound quality.
rapideye
Known user

Post by rapideye »

Spzretent - So, do they intend to do anything about it? What about 2nd pressings? I only want a nice version of Pure Phase. I now have three copies I don't really want to listen to. I've got copies of everything else, so have no intention of buying below par releases for the sake of it.

Anyone want a GITD copy of PP?