Anyone have a solid recording of "D Song"?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

coleodin
Known user

Anyone have a solid recording of "D Song"?

Post by coleodin »

Yo pals! I've been hoping, wanting and waiting for a solid recording of the rarely played "D Song" of almost a decade back. It was played a handful of times during the 2012 to maybe 2013 era??? I've been jonesing for it for years now and thankfully, it's going to be appearing on the new record in 2022... but until then, I'm hoping y'all might have a line on a good recording of it? I have the Santa Cruz show (which I was at, and it was one of the best of there's I've ever been to), but the quality isn't what I was hoping for... It's such a cool tune... reminds me of something JJ Cale would do if he were in CAN, but with an almost electronic feel to it. Simply amazing... Help a brother out if ya can!

Oh yeah, see some of you in Austin in APRIL! :)
Dreamweapon
Known user

Re: Anyone have a solid recording of "D Song"?

Post by Dreamweapon »

I only have the Santa Cruz version and another from Chicago also in 2013 - both in 320kbps. Happy to upload both if required. You want the track or the whole gig?
coleodin
Known user

Post by coleodin »

Ahh thank you Dreamweapon, but I have those two already. I suppose I shall have to wait another few months for the studio recording. I appreciate it though! :)
coleodin
Known user

Post by coleodin »

I wonder how close to that previous live version it'll be though... This is the description for it from the new album's release (it's now titled "Best Thing You Never Had").

On “Best Thing You Never Had”, we meet characters who blew their mind but “never had a mind to blow” over backing instrumentation that sounds like a New Orleans funeral procession band who’ve been drinking thinners all night. It’s possible this Stones at Exile-era stomp is autobiographical, but maybe not. It’s hard to remember.

Jason has a knack for shifting old ideas... Anyone ever hear the early, early version of "I Am What I Am"? Totally different song!
coleodin
Known user

Post by coleodin »

Hah! Just cuz I'm obsessed with this tune, I made a quick EQ'd boost of the live version from Vancouver, using the two known live recordings... the phone one and the video above. It came put pretty good considering the source material was from two phones lol. You can hear Jason's voice a bit more (and the ladies' voices as well), the slide licks from Doggen, and the bass as well, although the kick drum doesn't come across with as much ferocity as I'd like. If anyone wants to hear it, the link is below. :)

https://we.tl/t-QCsN6WPhDa