Spacemen 3 at the Loft (all of it)

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Ian
Known user

Spacemen 3 at the Loft (all of it)

Post by Ian »

A little while ago, a fantastic version of Walkin' With Jesus from a previously unknown recording was posted on YouTube. The entire recording has now been uploaded in two parts, matching the sides of the cassette that the recording was on. The gig is the 19 January 1988 one from The Loft, Berlin, Germany.

Part 1: Walkin' With Jesus/Come Together/Mary Anne/Rollercoaster.

Part 2: Take Me To The Other Side/Starship/Revolution/Repeater/Suicide.

Last edited by Ian on Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
good dope/good fun
Known user

Re: Spacemen 3 at the Loft (all of it)

Post by good dope/good fun »

Wow.
That sounds great right there.
Hoping someone can rip the audio and track it proper.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Sonic should have improvised always the lyrics of Revolution, to make it always more fresh.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Cheers Ian, this is great :D
Fantastic recording and setlist, although it's a shame Rollercoaster and Repeater both fade out. Taper should've used a C90! Is that a phaser on the guitars or just tape warp? It's kinda hard to make out. Sounds cool though!
Do you know if there's any chance of the original tape been uploaded as Flac somewhere? It would be nice to get the full quality audio rather than a YouTube stream.
I think 1988 is probably my fave live era of the band. Rosco's drumming on Suicide is preferable to Johnny's as he opts for maracas rather than tambourine and he rarely uses the snare (which i feel Mattock hits far too often during Suicide). Plus his slides on the hi-hat offer something else too.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
kburd72
Known user

Post by kburd72 »

niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

kburd72 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:32 pm Ripped from Youtube to mp3...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dhond95f ... 8.rar/file
Cheers mate, much appreciated :D
Feedback Forever
Known user

Post by Feedback Forever »

sunray wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:48 am Cheers Ian, this is great :D
Fantastic recording and setlist, although it's a shame Rollercoaster and Repeater both fade out. Taper should've used a C90! Is that a phaser on the guitars or just tape warp? It's kinda hard to make out. Sounds cool though!
Do you know if there's any chance of the original tape been uploaded as Flac somewhere? It would be nice to get the full quality audio rather than a YouTube stream.
I think 1988 is probably my fave live era of the band. Rosco's drumming on Suicide is preferable to Johnny's as he opts for maracas rather than tambourine and he rarely uses the snare (which i feel Mattock hits far too often during Suicide). Plus his slides on the hi-hat offer something else too.
Sounds like a flanger.