Black Session, Paris 1997

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

mjs110
New user

Black Session, Paris 1997

Post by mjs110 »

Like a lot of people, I'm stuck at home with covid-fog in self-isolation. I've been trying to write a list of all the gigs I've been to.

I remember seeing Spiritualized in a concrete basement in Paris in what must have been 1997. It was very loud -- lots of French people with fingers in my ears, and a lot of strobe. It was very good.

Trying to work out if this was the Black Session recording, or something else? It wasn't recorded at Radio France. I've not seen anything on the usual lists of gigs that might be it, though.

Anyone else there?
Dreamweapon
Known user

Re: Black Session, Paris 1997

Post by Dreamweapon »

mjs110 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:29 pm Like a lot of people, I'm stuck at home with covid-fog in self-isolation. I've been trying to write a list of all the gigs I've been to.

I remember seeing Spiritualized in a concrete basement in Paris in what must have been 1997. It was very loud -- lots of French people with fingers in my ears, and a lot of strobe. It was very good.

Trying to work out if this was the Black Session recording, or something else? It wasn't recorded at Radio France. I've not seen anything on the usual lists of gigs that might be it, though.

Anyone else there?
That was really funny reading that - make it sound like French people putting their fingers in your ears....!
sunray
Known user

Re: Black Session, Paris 1997

Post by sunray »

Dreamweapon wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:09 pm
mjs110 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:29 pm Like a lot of people, I'm stuck at home with covid-fog in self-isolation. I've been trying to write a list of all the gigs I've been to.

Anyone else there?
That was really funny reading that - make it sound like French people putting their fingers in your ears....!
Glad it wasn't just me that read it that way! :lol:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five