Roundhouse, Camden 10 May 2022

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Spacekadet
Known user

Roundhouse, Camden 10 May 2022

Post by Spacekadet »

Hey friends

Anyone have a rough idea of stage times and whether there’s support? I’ve had tickets booked for ages and my son is due to come with me. I think he’s taken the ‘if you can’t beat em join em’ approach having listened to me playing Spiritualized since he was in the womb. But turns out it’s SATs exams week and I’m a bit concerned about it being a pretty late night.
mkb
Known user

Re: Roundhouse, Camden 10 May 2022

Post by mkb »

I'm sure we'll get more of an idea nearer the time, but I'd expect Spiritualized to come on stage at 8:30/9:00pm at those shows.

There's a possibility they may be on earlier/later than that, but I'd recommend keeping an eye on the venue's social media pages.
Spacekadet
Known user

Post by Spacekadet »

Cheers. I’m guessing 2030 to 2230. Might have to give the encore a miss and duck out with my lad ahead of his SATs the following morning. Rock ‘n’ roll, eh?
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Has anyone received their eTickets? I bought via Ticketmaster, and my account says the venue will supply them electronically at least 5 days before. No significant them yet, and I'm getting on a plane to start my travel tomorrow...
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

Got an email from The Roundhouse last week saying that digital tickets will be sent in an another email 48 hours before the event. So I imagine you’ll get something today.
Spacekadet
Known user

Post by Spacekadet »

My tickets came through this morning.
Siharris28
New user

Post by Siharris28 »

Sadly can no longer make it.

Two tickets at face value here:

https://www.twickets.live/block/1884459 ... n%20Listed
charles w
Known user

Post by charles w »

Siharris28 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:39 am Sadly can no longer make it.

You may wish to drop the price a little below face value. Twickets have added their fee (£10.50) and it is actually cheaper to buy them direct from The Roundhouse website.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

If anyone here is going to this to the show, can you please ID the songs played from when doors open to when Spiritualized come on stage using an app like (shazam, soundhound, deezer)? I'm trying to make a playlist of songs that Jason uses.
mdc82
New user

Post by mdc82 »

Can no longer make this unfortunately and trying to find my 2 tickets a good home.

Happy to take £50 for the pair if anyone looking.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I’ll be at the show. Shazammed a few of the songs at the Manchester show last night. Nottingham tonight too. Anyone want to meet up for drinks before/after? The last time they played the roundhouse (2014?) there was a really fun night afterwards.
Spacekadet
Known user

Post by Spacekadet »

toomilk wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:34 pm I’ll be at the show. Shazammed a few of the songs at the Manchester show last night. Nottingham tonight too. Anyone want to meet up for drinks before/after? The last time they played the roundhouse (2014?) there was a really fun night afterwards.
Ordinarily I’d be up for that, but I’ve got my son - 11 - coming along. I think the gig will be enough of a sensory overload without bringing alcohol into the equation.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

toomilk wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:34 pm I’ll be at the show. Shazammed a few of the songs at the Manchester show last night. Nottingham tonight too. Anyone want to meet up for drinks before/after? The last time they played the roundhouse (2014?) there was a really fun night afterwards.
thanks a ton for doing this toomilk!
Siharris28
New user

Post by Siharris28 »

charles w wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:18 pm
Siharris28 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:39 am Sadly can no longer make it.

You may wish to drop the price a little below face value. Twickets have added their fee (£10.50) and it is actually cheaper to buy them direct from The Roundhouse website.
Ok assumed it had sold out…have dropped the price!
spaced
Known user

Post by spaced »

Anyone around for a beer after?
Spacekadet
Known user

Post by Spacekadet »

Really enjoyed tonight. Sound was huge, and I’d worried about that having read reviews of other nights on the tour. The new songs sounded great. Just really good to be back seeing live music after a tumultuous couple of years.
mjs110
New user

Post by mjs110 »

Great to see them back on tour. Not sure about the sound (a bit 'compressed' rather than analogue if that makes sense), but may have been where I was standing (top back for most of it).

A pic from the Member's Bar:
https://flic.kr/p/2njS5xk
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

Was a little apprehensive before going due to some of the mixed reviews on here, but I really enjoyed it. Great sound, six backing singers which gave the songs more of a gospel feeling. Highlights were the opening three songs, especially the way the full on freak out ending of She Kissed Me evolved into the beautiful intro of Shine A Light. The build up after the quiet part of The Morning After and the ending of Laid In Your Arms. These were all classic Spiritualized moments that made me smile.
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

A fitting end to the tour.

• As previously mentioned, there were double the number of backing singers, they sounded great
• Evan Parker made some really nice musical contributions
• Might be me, but last night was perhaps the loudest on this tour?
• From my seat upstairs it looked like everyone in the standing bit was head banging to The A Song, another monumental version!
• Pretty much a full house

What was the score with the person who went down near the front, after the last song of the main set, saw the medics go in before the encore, hope they were OK?

Strobes: 9/10 - bonus mark for reintroducing the massive glitter ball, -1 mark for only really using it for one song

Hope they do a UK autumn/winter tour, wishful thinking I know.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

jesus son wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:32 pm • Evan Parker made some really nice musical contributions
ooh, Evan Parker was there?
say more!
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Evan Parker was support. The guy who came on and joined the band for some free form clarinet was Alex Ward (support act in Nottingham)..
SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

sm-iom wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:17 am Evan Parker was support. The guy who came on and joined the band for some free form clarinet was Alex Ward (support act in Nottingham)..

I was really hoping that he would join them onstage in Nottingham but alas no
TwilightGarden
New user

Post by TwilightGarden »

Just echoing the other Roundhouse experiences.. Great with the additional singers and Alex Ward.. they really made a difference.

I got a bit unlucky with a couple of young ladies behind who sung pretty much every word out of tune ("Shine a Liiiiiiigghhhhhhtttxtzzttxtz), bashed into me numerous time and wolf whistled in my ear between songs.. I figured they were having fun so tried not to let it ruin it and by "The Road.." they'd danced along a little and I was able to get back in the zone..

It all sounded a bit empty to start with, not very loud and the bass was not as defined as Brighton, but it did all improve.. by the time it got to "Let it Bleed" I thought it was phenomenal.. Loved "Damaged" and the Glitterball, that gave me goosebumps for days gone by... "A Song" just blows my mind.... Jason knocked all is notes off during the end of the song and seemingly struggled to get them back in order until he gave up and flung them aside.

During final moments of "Sail on Through" (another winner of the night) I assume someone collapse in the crowd in front of Jason. Not far from where I was.. The crowd parted and lots of medics and security pushed through to help.. it seemed Jason noticed and was a bit hesitant to clap before walking off... I did wonder if they'd come back on again after. I hope the person was OK..

So for me it was a show of two halves. When it was good it was outstanding and better than the Brighton show, but there were moments when I, must confess, was thinking about what time my train was... but on the whole when it was good it was magical and worth the journey up from the Coast.
archwayn6
New user

Post by archwayn6 »

The person who collapsed was fine in the end. She fainted, but was able to walk off with the medics after 10 minutes or so. Everybody cheered her, the band came back on stage - luckily it was a very lovely moment after all.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

sm-iom wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:17 am Evan Parker was support. The guy who came on and joined the band for some free form clarinet was Alex Ward (support act in Nottingham)..
neato, thank you
it would be cool to see that trend continue… All those free jazz ppl opening up for spiritualized

glad the fainter was OK… i fainted seeing Bert Jansch. I like to think he made me swoon but really it was just wicked hot in there
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Just wanna say its been great reading everyones reviews of the shows, differing views are interesting and have always been par for the course with this band where the bar has been set so high.

Also agree that i'd be up for more free jazz folks supporting the band, not everyones cuppa but it's great exposure for them and also very cool if they join Spz on stage to add to the cacophony. Very hard to see those kind of acts live unless you live in London