Manchester Micro Review 08.05.22

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

jesus son
Known user

Manchester Micro Review 08.05.22

Post by jesus son »

Wow, another stunning show. Audience were really up for it and little ripples of applause to greet some songs.

Same set list as far as I can remember, so won't go through that.

• Doggen has now switched from a Vox set-up to a Marshal one (well since I saw them at Birmingham)
• Unless my eyes were deceiving me, but I think there are new backing singers (well since I saw them at Birmingham)
• A Song was again amazing and to my ears extended a bit to make it quite, err, brutal; but still the highlight of the set. Some head banging going on in the front rows!
• First time I'd seen the sax bloke and he was great
• It was a bit bass heavy to begin with, but balanced up nicely after the second or third song
• Jason didn't have the Burns ( I think) guitar on display
• I think that this is now the best overall band Jason has had since the days of Sean and Damon

Strobes: 10/10 (not sure if it's a different lighting person but they nailed it last night)

At the start of the tour I was a bit disappointed by the song choice but have now warmed to it and think it's been one of the best tours for years.

Can't wait for Camden, but actually a bit sad it will be the last of this iteration.
angel-sighs
Known user

Re: Manchester Micro Review 08.05.22

Post by angel-sighs »

Glad you reminded me, people were saying the sax guy joined in on some of the noisier songs. Can people remember which ones?
Its possible i am being dense but dont think it happened at Birmingham.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Well he`s playing on Perfect Miracle on the Birmingham recording, you can hear him quite clearly, couldn`t say for sure but I think he played on 2 maybe 3 tracks in Glasgow
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Ah nice one cheers, perhaps he was obscured by an amp haha. Even though I was at the front, because of the way the band are laid out you don't really see everything.
I thought the keyboard player was handling a lot of the extra layers.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angel-sighs wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:14 pm Ah nice one cheers, perhaps he was obscured by an amp haha. Even though I was at the front, because of the way the band are laid out you don't really see everything.
I thought the keyboard player was handling a lot of the extra layers.
I`m listening again and going to backtrack from that claim, Its maybe Doggen on guitar I was listening to, what`s not changing is its a great version and was one of my fav tunes the night I saw them, and yes the keyboards are a lot of lifting, I thought they were great all night by the way
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

Didnt expect much from last night after recent reviews but that was quickly turned around. Throughly enjoyed the night (bar the mid lull) Left after come together as my son of 10 was just about hanging in there given the time. He loved his first gig

Couple of snips from last night
A song with sax
https://twitter.com/kehdabra/status/152 ... FA7YA&s=08

Perfect miracle..i didnt see the sax guy during this
https://youtu.be/a_X9qGJDl9g
Tufty
Known user

Post by Tufty »

Love this picture :D

From this review - https://louderthanwar.com/spiritualized ... ve-review/
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Who shouted out "The pink vinyl sounds like shit!"???