The Art of Spiritualized

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

olan
Known user

The Art of Spiritualized

Post by olan »

Nicely written article by Andy Capper here: https://www.creem.com/fresh-creem/j-spa ... -interview
sunray
Known user

Re: The Art of Spiritualized

Post by sunray »

Nice find and a good read. Cheers Olan :)
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

Great article. I couldn't believe he weighed only 90 pounds after his sickness in 2005.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Nice read, learnt some interesting things i didnt know before. Felt a bit intrusive some of the things Juliette was saying about how they met!
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

angel-sighs wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:44 pm Nice read, learnt some interesting things i didnt know before. Felt a bit intrusive some of the things Juliette was saying about how they met!
Yeah, this is definitely the most personal stuff I've ever read about him. He seems to avoid talking about himself- historically it is like you learn more from what others say about him. But in a way, the article tallies up perfectly with the way he presents himself and his life in the music so it didn't feel like too much of a stretch. For me, I see it as a kind of sweet validation of the authenticity of his work.

Their collaborations are always great. I always felt like the Out of Sight video was really overlooked given how remarkable it is- great the hear that the backstory was equally as thrilling. It was a treat to see the video in higher quality when they rereleased it recently. I also think the video for I'm Your Man is maybe their best video overall. And the artwork for ANH is among my favourite of all the albums. The orange box with the silver book and excellent photographs- what a package. It's nice to know they are still on good terms and can create great art together.