New LP from The Orb

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

olan
Known user

New LP from The Orb

Post by olan »

Details of the various versions here: https://orb.tmstor.es/products/menu/Bundles There are some really limited variants so it might be worth checking soon if you are interested.

I went for the limited double LP with free CD and am really looking forward to this. The last few LPs the Orb and various side projects have produced have all been very decent.
spacemanrich
Known user

Re: New LP from The Orb

Post by spacemanrich »

I really like " Orbus Terrarum ". In fact, that is the only album I have of them. Let me know how the new album is ...
SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

only dipped in an out of their discography erratically over the years but the last one 'abolition of the royal familia' was really bluddy excellent so hoping theyre still hitting that standard. will check out.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Another act that suffers from being over-prolific. The lp with Lee Perry is the only one i've listened to in the past 15-20 years. Have great intentions to listen to each new release but it never happens, there are always more pressing aural engagements.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
synthiA
Known user

Post by synthiA »

The Moonbulding 2703 AD (2015) is my favorite 21st-century work of theirs. Maybe not as immediately satisfying/catchy as UFOrb or Orblivion but it is super rich and detailed in all of the sounds. It seemed to be very well received too... which is why I can't figure out why it was the last big project that Thomas Fehlman was involved with. The two LPs since then haven't done it for me... they sound more generic. The new single off Prism seems to carry the recent vibe. I'll be giving it a proper listen, but I really wish Thomas would return.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

New single, Prism, is sounding marvellous to my ears,
I haven’t paid much attention the last two decades either bar a few listens to the last one, Prism just sounds like classic Orb to me though 👍