A few of pictures from the York gig

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

neonsleep
Known user

A few of pictures from the York gig

Post by neonsleep »

Well, i've just got back from York and from an amazing gig. i was talking to a stranger who just turned out to be the tour manager so i blagged my way backstage and got my stuff signed, so all in all a fucking amazing night. Nice oNe!!

and here's some pictures. not amazing due to the a very small smokie room, the flash didn't do well :(

...and me and Jason, i'm not sure he knew that photo was coming

did anyone else go? what did u think?

cya
ellie021796

York Gig

Post by ellie021796 »

oh yes I went.

both gigs brilliant (matinee I stood right at the front)- I've got some great photos will get Chris Barrus to put them on the quartzcity web-site when I've sorted them out.

the second gig was amazing where did they get all their energy, on second thoughts I don't want to know, I too talked to Jason and found out that unbeknown to me he'd put me on the guest list- and I thought he'd forgotten !

great to hear "Run" again (matinee) and "Think I'm in love" the best song performance of this tour - seen em 4 times this year and so even if I don't see them for another year and a half it's been great

L. Elspeth
candy-cane-girl

Its YOOOOOO!

Post by candy-cane-girl »

I am the girl who was stood in front of you chatting away that got elbowed by the knobs who were jumping you and your girlfriend are lovely!

I managed to snaffle a set list as well, and got my LP signed, isnt their tour mangeress the greatest, id like to thank the band for being so hospitable even after performing for so long yesterday!

Ill post my pictures in a minute for you i just need to do some editiing (namely get rid of the ones of me and the band! as i look dreadful!)

Kelly(blonde girl with felix top)
jb
Known user

Post by jb »

was the evening setlist any different?
candy-cane-girl

Photos

The rest are in this folder, dont want to slow the board with too many pictures..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/canis_lupus/Spiritualized/
candy-cane-girl

Setlist

Heres what i got off the sheet (some guy took a picture of it cos he recorded it!)

Electricity
Shine a light
walking with jesus
Hold On
She Kissed Me
Lord let it rain on me
Oh baby
anything more
cheapster
thsi little life of mine
let it flow
never going back
richie lee
come together
broken heart
think im in love
take your time
smiles

What song did they tease us with medication?

Oh and nearly wiped some tossers out during the afternoon and evenign thing, were in apub and they were going on about how Jason has no charisma to be a front man etc etc, and how pants they were! Feckers!

Post by Guest »

there was a lot of dunces at the evening gig ...
to the blonde girl: well good, i kept seeing your pictures stood a little behind you at the daytime gig: did you take one of jason's shoes?
ellie021796

photos

Post by ellie021796 »

I was the blonde girl at the front for the matinee gig , I was stood up on the "balcony" at the evening one dancing all the way through.

and I have some BRILLIANT photos if you want me to send you some
e-mail me (elspeth.moore@ntlworld.com) and I'll send you a few back they're good enough to print, nice big files then, and yes there's a good one of Jasons silver trainers, otherwise keep logging on to here and wait to see them and video clips on

http://www.quartzcity.net/gallery/spiritualized

Elspeth Moore
neonsleep
Known user

:D

Post by neonsleep »

candy-cane-girl wrote:I am the girl who was stood in front of you chatting away that got elbowed by the knobs who were jumping you and your girlfriend are lovely!

I managed to snaffle a set list as well, and got my LP signed, isnt their tour mangeress the greatest, id like to thank the band for being so hospitable even after performing for so long yesterday!

Ill post my pictures in a minute for you i just need to do some editiing (namely get rid of the ones of me and the band! as i look dreadful!)

Kelly(blonde girl with felix top)
Hellooooo, yeah cheers for everything. you to were the soundest people we met by far. It was probably due to you and your ebay craziness that i managed to get backstage.

cya round. keep in touch. my email address is - neonsleep@hotmail.com

Rob :)

Post by Guest »

candy-cane-girl,

would you mind if i use your photos as a basis for some artwork i propose to do for a cd sleeve for the matinee gig as mentioned in another thread.
Hol

Post by Hol »

Hello everyone

I was at last night's gig, the band were utterly amazing as usual. I was right at the front, leaning over the barrier. A big thank you to Jason, (as well as the other guys), as Spiritualized's music has meant so much to me for so long, and helped me big time through the toughest ever period in my life.

On a lighter note....what a gig!
ellie021796

photos

Post by ellie021796 »

I've vamped up a few of Kellys photos (which are grrrrreat) and have some of my own - if you want to use them for your artwork just e-mail me.
elspeth.moore@ntlworld.com
candy-cane-girl
Known user

No worries peeps do as you will, just if you see it i want a bootie of the evening please!
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Great photos! You must have been pretty close to me. I was on the railing on Jason's side (black long-ish hair, white shirt and stripey trousers). Both gigs were great, but the second gig was blinding. It's possibly in my top ten gigs of all time.

Sunny
candy-cane-girl
Known user

There was a woman in front of me but was smaller thanme, i could of licked the mic if i lent over far enough i guess, but im not that mad ;)

I just enjoyed the whole eyes closed bit and everyone seemed really into it, if that knob who was pogoing though is reading this you fucked my karma real bad last night, you arse, your bit fat elbow went right in my shoulder your lucky i did not chin you!

K
ellie021796

Post by ellie021796 »

sunny,

ahhhhhhhhh well I was the one who put her coat on the rail next to you I made you laugh but I can't rememebr why now, when I was talking to the security girl (who looked like she was going to pass out in the middle of that strobe feast)

hope everyone else is getting the photos I'm e-mailling out ?????

Elspeth x[/quote]
candy-cane-girl
Known user

They are amazing, watch itall you peeps not using outlook or similar NTL dont like too much in your folders!

Save and delete if you run out of space!
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

ellie021796 wrote:sunny,

ahhhhhhhhh well I was the one who put her coat on the rail next to you I made you laugh but I can't rememebr why now, when I was talking to the security girl (who looked like she was going to pass out in the middle of that strobe feast)

hope everyone else is getting the photos I'm e-mailling out ?????

Elspeth x
[/quote]

I remember you, but I can't recall what made me laugh, something you said to her... The security girl got herself some ear plugs for the second gig. :lol:
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

What was jason standing for? He knows not to. He'll hurt himself.

Post by Guest »

his bumgrapes were playing up.
mark1971

Post by mark1971 »

anyone got any audio of the gig?

Post by Guest »

Great photo's everyone. Hope you all like the cd's when you get them. I've sent out 15 sets so far. All the USA ones are being posted tommorow, didn't get chance today.
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

that's astonishingly kind of you ...
i'm still trying to get some cds, i couldn't find any in town today in packs of less than about fifty ... i'll try and send them tomorrow.

so good work you, it's brilliant of you, and the feedback's sounding alright too.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Great photo's everyone. Hope you all like the cd's when you get them. I've sent out 15 sets so far. All the USA ones are being posted tommorow, didn't get chance today.
how come nobody's sent me a cd ? PLEASE let me have one too , I want to be part of the gang

Elspeth
elspeth.moore@ntlworld.com