York gig (evening)

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

manc72

York gig (evening)

Post by manc72 »

Thought that was the best I've ever seen them, and I've been watching them for over 10 years now, whether it was the size of the venue, new band line up or something else :wink: I'm not sure... nice to find a venue that still serves pints in glasses rather than plastic as well and I've also gone deaf in one ear but I couldn't give a shit!!,
cheers Jason and the boys... fucking mint
Supervim
Known user

Post by Supervim »

I think I'm going to have to agree with you, it was absolutely stunning - Jason dropping 'all I need's a little bit of love to take the pain away' completely did me in. It was like old times, a slient audience and roaring guitars. I've seen them countless times, right back to the tour with the first single - last night was up there with anything I've seen from them, even Glastonbury 93. Last night it really did come down in sheets - Beautiful just beautiful.
:wink: :wink:
Supervim
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

please, please stop this. Someone say they were shit or it was an off night. I was offered tickets late, late in the day, but couldn't get there in time.

If only they'd told me the day before, I could have made arrangements. grr.
Blindsummit
Known user

Post by Blindsummit »

clewsr wrote:please, please stop this. Someone say they were shit or it was an off night. I was offered tickets late, late in the day, but couldn't get there in time.

If only they'd told me the day before, I could have made arrangements. grr.
Sorry but it was awesome. I've been to every tour since Pure Phase and can't place a better gig than that. In places you could hear a pin drop. The only way I could describe the crowd is reverential. It was obvious everyone in there realised they were seeing something special and so shut up.
manc72

Last night..

Post by manc72 »

Glad to hear others feel the same... still on a high from it
...and I agree was better than Glastonbury
ellie021796

taped ?

Post by ellie021796 »

Blindsummit , did you record it then ? I photo-ed the gig. seems a bit odd that there's 2 pages on here for the same gig , but never mind. if you want the photos sending to you e-mail me (that goes for anyone) and I'll send you them back

elspeth.moore@ntlworld.com

already sent them out 6 times today glad you're liking them !

Elspeth

Chris Barrus will soon put the photos and video clips onto the quartzcity web-site though so just wait if you want ...
heirophant

amazing grace

Post by heirophant »

hello. have to say it was beautiful. sorry to the two girls at front who gave me a joint then had me falling into them for the rest of the show. i was all there, just floating a bit. wonderful, thank you everybody. what a night!

york

Post by Guest »

just got back from mexico set off about five hours after the york gig totally pissed but well happy iy was the best thanks guys you just made my week one of the best ever.
I dont know if the mexicans liked it thought but they had good drugs.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Re: amazing grace

Post by candy-cane-girl »

heirophant wrote:hello. have to say it was beautiful. sorry to the two girls at front who gave me a joint then had me falling into them for the rest of the show. i was all there, just floating a bit. wonderful, thank you everybody. what a night!
That was me, y know your elbow seemed to find itself digging into my shoulder and your freinds (maybe not?) then persisted to grab my arse all night, GRRR you almost very nearly spoiled my night!