No votes
this isn't really a PROPER Poll, is it?
100%

Total votes: 2

will this do?
Known user

Sonic Shitstorm

Post by will this do? »

That's the late Fred "Sonic" Smith, of the Motor City Five.

I heard about argument over at Wayne Kramer's website, which involved Jackson Smith (son of Fred and Patti Smith) having posts deleted from the message board.

I thought I'd check it out, but there are only vestiges left of the fight, with various moderators and supporters trading blows (naturally, given that the moderators are being accused of covering up/deleting posts, the truth is pretty obscure).

This is all pretty sad I know, but then so's the fact that the remaining five are trading under the name DKT (their initials...erm Something, Kramer and...Terry?)SLASH MC5 and going around the place as though Ian Astbury had always been their singer, and Corporate Sponsorship was always part of the White Panther Brother thang...perhaps that's what was meant by finally getting hip to the American Ruse.

Anyhoo, anyone know what's realy happening?
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Ian Astbury singing for the MC5? That's just silly. Everyone knows he's the singer with The Doors.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

... incidentally, Fred Smith (the other one) Tom Verlaine, Richard Lloyd and Billy Ficca are back together as Television and playing the ULU, London on June 23rd.
Has anyone seen them recently - are they worth going to see?