steven
Known user

Older But Wider...

Post by steven »

...Then God Is Seven...
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

Doolittle was fantastic...I still have the limited (?) vinyl version with the book of art by the (4AD guy...Vaughn something?). Bought from the same shop that sold me Playing with Fire and Daydream Nation, that same hot hot summer.

Not sure I care about a reunion though...that fat bald bloke and that one that ended up in that other band that girls liked with her sister and the other one out of that other band while we were all waiting for PJ Harvey to be invented....

But I remember hearing a song by them on Radio 1 (must have been Gary Davies) , which was rare in those days for an Indie Band...mind you, it was probably the only decent song on daytime that year...
It's all happening!
Known user

Post by guest »

I heart the pixies!
Saw Frank Black after the break up and the man is a passionate musician, deeply talented and obviously troubled-which as we here on the spz forum know are the fixin's for some good stuff!
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

I like a few of his solo records as well, particularly dog in the sand.

personally I am glad they are doing this, they got tons of ink from cobain for heisting their sound but they didn't get much money out of it, now is their chance. besides, i've got a copy of the first night and they sound better than most other acts i've heard/seen in awhile. not to mention a setlist that should appease even the most casual pixies fan.