Rough Trade East in store

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

spazed99
Known user

Rough Trade East in store

Post by spazed99 »

Spiritualized are delighted to announce a very special performance and signing at Rough Trade East, London E1, on Monday 26th May, 7pm.

Free admission is limited to the first 200 fans who collect a wristband from Rough Trade East, midday Thursday 24th April onward. Fans simply ask for a wristband at the main counter - strictly one wristband per person, allocated on a 'first-come-first served' basis.

Fans will also be available to pre-order the album 'Songs In A&E' from Rough Trade East, including a limited edition green vinyl LP, only available to buy from Rough Trade East and the Spiritualized website.

Rough Trade East address:

Rough Trade East
Old Truman Brewery
91 Brick Lane
London E1
sunray
Known user

Re: Rough Trade East in store

Post by sunray »

spazed99 wrote:
Free admission is limited to the first 200 fans who collect a wristband from Rough Trade East, midday Thursday 24th April onward. Fans simply ask for a wristband at the main counter - strictly one wristband per person, allocated on a 'first-come-first served' basis.

Fans will also be available to pre-order the album 'Songs In A&E' from Rough Trade East, including a limited edition green vinyl LP, only available to buy from Rough Trade East and the Spiritualized website.
Is the green vinyl going to be limited to the 200 who attend this gig and then they get given some kind of code for ordering it or will us non-UK residents have a chance of picking it up too?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

what time are people heading down tomorrow? should i get my sleeping bag out of the cupboard?
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

One wristband per person, poor working people. Argh, what am I going to do about my favourite Spz gig mate? :( ... What time to they close tomorrow?
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

they shut at 10.00 mate.
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

The green vinyl will be available from this site and also Rough Trade mail order for non UK (ex London) residents who cannot attend the show are make it to RTE.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

:D Mission accomplished!
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Same here, do we know if its an electric gig or acoustic? Im hoping electric as that place is pretty small. 200 people! wow its going to be amazing!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

spazed99 wrote:The green vinyl will be available from this site and also Rough Trade mail order for non UK (ex London) residents who cannot attend the show are make it to RTE.
For a few moments upon reading this i was trying to figure out what the Irish national broadcaster(RTE) could possibly have to do with it all! :oops: Maybe they're diversifying and going into record manufacturing hence the green vinyl. I'll get me coat...
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

For once in my life I've had a bit of benefit from being "in the know" - two wristbands waiting for me when I get back to London, courtesy of a mate who works for Rough Trade.

Can't wait, and am v v excited about green vinyl option - I used to be such a coloured vinyl junkie when I was a lad, but sadly all my old Dickies/UK Subs and other stuff all got lost in a move...

Got all the Spz stuff from the past safe and sound though!
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

It's Electric...
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

My mate in London managed to secure 2 Wristbands so I will get to travel down from Manchester for this! Should be amazing. We both pre-ordered the green LP of A&E too so I will get that signed!

Should we have a meet or something? Or is that uncool round here?
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

spazed99 wrote:It's Electric...
Oh sweet Jesus. 200 people. Electric. This is going to be amazing.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Greeny wrote:For once in my life I've had a bit of benefit from being "in the know" - two wristbands waiting for me when I get back to London, courtesy of a mate who works for Rough Trade.

Can't wait, and am v v excited about green vinyl option - I used to be such a coloured vinyl junkie when I was a lad, but sadly all my old Dickies/UK Subs and other stuff all got lost in a move...

Got all the Spz stuff from the past safe and sound though!

I'm glad you got a band!! Well deserved... :D
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I dunno about "deserved" Sunny, but I'll take the breaks wherever I find them!!!
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Greeny wrote:I dunno about "deserved" Sunny, but I'll take the breaks wherever I find them!!!

What I meant was that it's nice when a proper, genuine fan gets a break or help. Often it's industry types (I don't include musicians in that), socialites and liggers that get the freebies and have the easy ways of getting into events... rather than the fans who actually give a toss about the gig.
24 to Southend Green
New user

Post by 24 to Southend Green »

Much wailing and gnashing of teeth, away in India and missed this. What are chances of getting in turning up on the night - touts ???
SuzyQ
New user

Post by SuzyQ »

hello...riduclously long shot but should anyone have any bands for Monday that they can't use last minute..then do give us a shout...would be going to long time devotees...was at Koko but need another fix as soon as possible!

Bit like asking for the gig equivilent of gold dust but am willing to humble meself for a shot!

Ta!
mjtown
Known user

Post by mjtown »

You lucky people.

Oh to be living in the UK again :roll:

I'll have to hold out for a visit to our shores...
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

This is gonna be so good!
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

was a good gig, played for about 45 minutes. they started off with lord let it rain on me and then kicked into a set off new stuff. I ddint write the set list down but they played a fewsongs that didnt get an airing at the gigs. death take you fiddle, baby Im jus a fool which sounded good. and ended with a ferocious version of you lie you cheat which disolved into a beautiful wall of noise. bass was so loud. lot of tall people there, band milling aroun before and after. Was also a signing session afterwards but as Ive done all my spiritualized retail therapy I went out into the cold rainy night with ringing ears and smile on my face. :D