What Are You Listening To Now?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, spzretent, BzaInSpace, runcible

herman
Known user

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Post by herman »

Bitchin' bajas, they're pretty cool!
"Thank you"

SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

Rinsing the White Hills discography, haven't listened to them for a while. saw them many moons ago play a tiny art gallery in Nottingham with Kid Millions on drums and second guitar from Doggen , they were a blazing comet of sound. Enjoying the revisit.

spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Neil Young- Homegrown LP
Gene Clark- White Light Intervention Records reissue LP
Mercury Rev- Delta Sweete Revisited LP
China Crisis- Working With Fire & Steel deluxe 3 CD. Late night Amazon purchase. The two extra Cds are incredible. Nice way to spend a sunny day in Detroit inside.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)

Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Perfect Prescription

herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Flowers of hell - 'Come hell or high water'
Brillant stuff!
"Thank you"

niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Kikagaku Moyo`s - Masana Temples getting played a lot this week, so good. According to my Spotify account the new Sonic, Daniel Avery and the latest Run The Jewels are my `Heavy Rotations`, seems about right.

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Tempos - Culto Al Qondor
Really loving this, has to be one of my fave Drone Rock Records releases out of the ones I've heard. Kudos to Adam.
Had it on a few times recently, love how the songs build and it's very rhythmic but not too repetitive. The drummer is all over the kit driving the whole thing, not just doing the Neu beat that so many psych bands fall into

Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Will be having a day of Beachwood Sparks today in honour of our anniversary. We had this as our first dance on our wedding day, 18 years ago. This will forever be our song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2l3FY6K2IE

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yet more The Heads archive recordings on vinyl coming for your money- Reverberations Vol 2. they are reissuing Vertigo Swill too.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/the-heads ... ions-vol-2

also has anyone heard Bent Arcana. a new release from John Dwyer of the Oh Sees. It's very much on a jazz/improv tip. also features Peter Kerlin (Chris Forsyth/Sunwatchers) on bass so that piqued my interest

https://johndwyer.bandcamp.com/releases

niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Came home to the sad news of Denise Johnson`s passing, so sad, she was only chatting away with followers on twitter the other day and had a new album coming out to look forward to as well, always liked this tune, RIP

olan
Known user

Post by olan »

niamhm wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:20 pm

Came home to the sad news of Denise Johnson`s passing, so sad, she was only chatting away with followers on twitter the other day and had a new album coming out to look forward to as well, always liked this tune, RIP
I am very, very sad about Denise Johnson's passing to say the least. I've been a huge fan of A Certain Ratio since 1980. She was a part of ACR's recording and live setup way back into the 1990's. If I were to chose a single vocal performance by her if would be the version of Big Jet Plane on Primal Scream's Memphis Tapes, which is memorable for Throb's contributions too. Taken too soon is an understatement. What a voice she had....

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The Ridiculous Trio plays The Stooges.

Tuba, Trombone and Drums let loose on The Stooges! Better than you might imagine :)
https://theridiculoustrio.bandcamp.com/ ... he-stooges
He was spotted emerging from the supermarket with a bag of beets.
https://soundcloud.com/the-balsaw-garden-party

Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

sunray wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:08 am
The Ridiculous Trio plays The Stooges.

Tuba, Trombone and Drums let loose on The Stooges! Better than you might imagine :)
https://theridiculoustrio.bandcamp.com/ ... he-stooges
I didn't think this would be much, but i'm sitting here listening, with a smile on my face :) Thanks for this!

Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

olan wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:20 am
niamhm wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:20 pm

I am very, very sad about Denise Johnson's passing to say the least. I've been a huge fan of A Certain Ratio since 1980. She was a part of ACR's recording and live setup way back into the 1990's. If I were to chose a single vocal performance by her if would be the version of Big Jet Plane on Primal Scream's Memphis Tapes, which is memorable for Throb's contributions too. Taken too soon is an understatement. What a voice she had....
Olan, she was a one off, I was lucky enough to get to know her a little over the last 2 years, mainly due to her being good mates with people I was mates with. Primal scream's response to her death was lukewarm and they were called out by Terry Christian (was was great friends with Denise), worth seeing his angry tweets on twitter.
I was floored when I heard the news, she was such a friendly, warm and selfless person, and yes , what a voice.
This year can just bloody do one, thoroughly depressing

Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I'm mainlining this Verve Hultsfred recording - fuck it's good!

Can't believe I missed out on them at the time - 92-96 were such wasted years as I stuck by the indie guitar stuff to the detriment of most of the great psych/space rock/shoegaze going on...

DiffStrokes
New user

Post by DiffStrokes »

Gaslamp Killer - ‘Heart Math’ LP
Sun Ra - ‘Sleeping Beauty’ LP
Pharoah Sanders - ‘Thembi’ LP