XFM Session

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Heady
Known user

XFM Session

Post by Heady »

I recall that this has been discussed here once or twice before, but with no real outcome to speak of, so...

Does anyone have/no of a way to get hold of/have any information at all about the XFM Session from around Let It Come Down-time...? The session had the full choir/horn section etc, as heard on the recording of Don't Just Do Something that's knocking around.

Anyway, I'm really keen to get hold of a copy of the whole session - it was pretty immense as those who've heard the MP3 mentioned above will (maybe) testify. Was recorded just before the horns etc were dropped as I recall.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers,
Steve
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

it isn't my site ...
but you can get the version of shine a light here. it's brilliant although sounds quite compressed. a proper version would be wonderful if it were ever released. the horn at the end that spirals around a bit's lovely.
Heady
Known user

Post by Heady »

Cheers...

that's actually where the Don't Just Do Something MP3 was originally from, as I recall...I think it was ascertained that there were 7 songs from the session, so two down...five to go. But I'm not holding out too much hope, I recall it was the kind Mr SpaceLine who had those two tracks but that he had no access to the others.

anyway, fingers crossed.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Hi chaps,

I originally got hold of that recording from somebody who worked at Capital Radio's studios in the West End.

It was the most extraordinary bit of luck - he was an old university buddy of my wife who we bumped into in a pub (she hadn't seen him for years), I was wearing a Spiritualized t-shirt and he did the old "we had them in the studio the other day" routine. I begged for a copy of it on CD, and bless him he sent me one on the QT.

That's why I never knew the details of it, because I wasn't aware it even existed until I met him.

The 8 tracks referred to by The Jig are the complete session. In my original, untracked version there's a big pause after Take me.... while they sort themselves out for the last 3 tracks. It is straight from the original masters....

I hope this helps a little,

Greeny
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Any chance of this material being posted online maybe as some less compressed MP3s? Or could you pm me about maybe an 'alternate means' of distribution? thanks.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

if someone gets me the uncompressed version, i will seed it on bit torrent or do B&P and/or swap.

dk
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

pm me with your mailing address and i'll get you out a copy shortly.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

So does anyone have any date info on this session?

dave