Loop mp3's?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Lixx
Known user

Loop mp3's?

Post by Lixx »

Anyone have any Loop mp3's they could share with me over IM? I have lots of mp3's I could share as well. Looking for older stuff like Heavens' End, World in Your Eyes, Live stuff....Before you say it I've already looked on file sharing and have a mac so not many options...

thanks
Chris
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

You missed a few meetings there mate: Loop are shit, thieving lying nasty bastards (*does speech mark hands*):

http://www.spiritualized.com/message2/v ... .php?t=865

If you STILL want to hear some, http://www.drugmusic.com offers 3 hours of free drug music per week for you to download, some of which will be by Loop.
It's all happening!
Lixx
Known user

RE: Loop

Post by Lixx »

I guess I have missed a few meetings. I have to admit this board tends to turn into a flame war most of the time on any subject so I don't get involved too much. The Loop topic you directed me to, pretty much is evidence of that.

Anyhow.. my delayed thoughts on Loop. I remember getting into Spacemen 3 in the late 80's and the same cat that turned me on to them said there was this clone group "Loop" that tried to emulate Spacemen 3 on every angle. As an avid musician and person who loves reading articles on music he loves I got as much info available on the two groups. I remember reading how Spacemen 3 would call out Loop and that Robert used to work over at some label or club where Spacemen 3 were connected, it's been 15 years so the details are sketch in my brain. Point is, I was intrigued enough to pick up some Loop later on. Heaven's End and World in your Eyes I thought were pretty good. Not as good as Spacemen 3 but good. Eventually over the years forgotten and sold.

Flash to 2004. Not much good music happening at the moment is there? So I went back in my brain trying to remember some things I used to like that I don't have anymore. Re-discovering sort of speak. Loop pops in my head. I get a few mp3's from the early lp's. Time to give them a 2nd chance I say. I have new opinion on them. They have their own style, sure it leans towards things Spacemen have done but seriously they have their own style and it comes through in the music. Brittle Head Girl is absolutely brilliant I think and it beats the fuck out of some of my dear Spacemen 3 songs I love.

People might dis on Loop but seriously you have to give them credit for being a good band. Certainly better than most of the crap out there now.

Chris
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

i've got the limited to 1000 italian live CD that's damn good, and a couple others as well (world in yer eyes, fade out, gilded eternity). could use digital files from the earlier stuff... have vinyl, no time to digitize.

dk
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

I was one of the Loop fans in that flame war you mentioned.
If it's just a case of downloading CD tracks on my computer and then emailing them to you as MP3 or WMAs (I'm not very tech-minded) I can probably do that for you.
let me know